Last year people all over the state were preparing for the KentuckyHEALTH program to go into effect, a new medicaid program started by Governor Matt Bevin. The day before it was set to go into effect, a judge blocked the order. Now, a little over 6 months later we have more information about what is going to happen with this new Medicaid plan, and when it will happen.
Here’s what we know:
-Monthly Premiums will go into effect on May 1, 2019
- If you paid a monthly premium to your MCO (managed care organization) before the block, and you were NOT reimbursed, that payment will be applied to the May payment
-Medically frail letters are being sent starting Feb. 2019
- Medically frail applications submitted by a provider will start receiving letter in Feb.
- Medically frail applications based on claims data will begin receiving letters in March 2019
-PATH Community Engagement to start July 1
- While the rest of KentuckyHEALTH will start earlier, the PATH community engagement requirements will ot start until later. This requires all able-bodied adults to either work, volunteer or participate in some other approved community activity 80 hours per month in order to keep benefits
-My Rewards to start April 1
- As of now, and up until April 1, 2019 dental and vision services are still covered by medicaid. If you are in need of a vision exam or a dental exam please do so as soon as possible!
- You can also still earn money in your My Rewards account. By taking the online seminars or getting preventative services you are earning money in that account to use later.
As of Jan. 1, 2019 all medicaid patients, whether medically frail or not, are all required to pay a co-payment at the time of service. Please have this ready when you go to your appointment. Also, you will be receiving something in the mail about the changes, this is typically in an unmarked, plain white envelope. If you have not updated your address it is important to do so as soon as possible.
We will continue to update you on the KentuckyHEALTH program as we get more information.